I Don’t Think the Other Parent Should Be Alone with My Child. Can I Petition for Supervised Visitation?

Under certain circumstances, yes. A parent that has physically, sexually, or emotionally abused a child, or who has a history of domestic violence, or who has been convicted of certain sex offenses, can have their visitation rights limited in some way, including being required to have an approved supervisor present during the visit. Similarly, a parent who lives with someone who has a history of child abuse or domestic violence, or who has been convicted of a sex crime, can have their visitations be subject to supervision.

Supervisors must be approved by the court and must be neutral, independent adults that the court determines based on evidence is willing and capable of protecting the child from harm if necessary.

For clarification and the assistance you deserve, contact Crouse Erickson today.

Crouse Erickson